Sunday, February 18, 2007
So what did they actually accomplish?
I watched the first couple of weeks in the House of Representatives go by in a blur of non-debate. Extremely important issues were presented and voted on without the debate that makes our govt a standard for world governance.
But here we have House Resolution 63, Disapproving of the decision of the President announced on January 10, 2007, to deploy more than 20,000 additional United States combat troops to Iraq. The House of Representative, IMO, wasted, almost three business days on this, dare I say, bandaid of a non-binding resolution.
Did they seriously have to waste this much time to determine who was in which camp and to present this stupidly divisive resolution?
Why don't you Democratically controlled Congress people do something constructive, like passing legislation to block funding for infrastucture, additional equipment, etc, instead of throwing your noses in the air in a huff. It's pathetic.
And the Senate will have to come in on Saturday?? My word! They should do something constructive as well like ratify Kyoto...oh wait, what am I saying; like that's gonna happen...
But here we have House Resolution 63, Disapproving of the decision of the President announced on January 10, 2007, to deploy more than 20,000 additional United States combat troops to Iraq. The House of Representative, IMO, wasted, almost three business days on this, dare I say, bandaid of a non-binding resolution.
Did they seriously have to waste this much time to determine who was in which camp and to present this stupidly divisive resolution?
Why don't you Democratically controlled Congress people do something constructive, like passing legislation to block funding for infrastucture, additional equipment, etc, instead of throwing your noses in the air in a huff. It's pathetic.
And the Senate will have to come in on Saturday?? My word! They should do something constructive as well like ratify Kyoto...oh wait, what am I saying; like that's gonna happen...